My Baltimore Spirit Listen Live

(College Park, MD)  — An explosion in a chemistry lab sent two University of Maryland students to the hospital yesterday.
Prince George’s County Fire and EMS spokesman Mark Brady says nitric and sulphuric acid came together in a trash container and, for unknown reasons, caused a violent chemical reaction.  Investigators are checking to see if another chemical may have been in the mix.  The students are being treated for burns and cuts.
Source: Copyright © 2011 Metro Networks Inc.

Also On Spirit 1340: