A senior dance planned for Saturday at Dunbar High School has been postponed due to a fight involving multiple Dunbar High School football players, as confirmed by a D.C. Public Schools spokesperson. The altercation occurred just outside the school’s entrance in Northwest on Thursday, October 26th, around dismissal time, despite the presence of security and staff.
The incident involved at least 11 students, with eight of them being Dunbar football players, including six from the varsity team. A concerned mother, whose 15-year-old son was attacked during the altercation, expressed her dismay, calling for changes in the school’s culture and the resignation of the high school’s athletics department head. Video footage depicted a violent assault with school security nearby, and a Dunbar High School dean was reportedly injured while attempting to intervene.
In response, DCPS Communications Chief Kera Tyler emphasized the expectation for student-athletes to exhibit character both on and off the field, stating that athletes found involved in the altercation were suspended from participating in the scheduled football game against Eastern High School. Despite the incident, it was noted that the majority of the varsity team members were not involved and were following appropriate behavior.
The concerned mother stressed the need for safety within the school and called for more proactive measures to ensure the well-being of all students.
source: The DMV Daily
- FedEx Field Evacuated After Sunday’s Commanders vs. Dolphins Game
- Beware: Thieves Targeting Those Wearing Canada Goose Jackets In DC
- Jesus Understands the Human Experience – A Motivational Moment
- Virginia State University Makes History As The First HBCU In The Country Selected To Host A General Election Presidential Debate
- Practice Financial Wi$dom this Holiday $eason!
- Governor Wes Moore’s Vision For Graduates Comes To Life Through Groundbreaking Program
- WMATA Issues Warning Of Severe Metro Service Reductions Due To A $750 Million Budget Deficit
- Student Injured in Altercation At Dunbar High School Involving Football Team Members
- Montgomery Blair High School Faces 2nd Bomb Threat Within 3 Days
- Georgetown’s Tasha Butts Dies At 41 From Breast Cancer
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Student Injured in Altercation At Dunbar High School Involving Football Team Members was originally published on kysdc.com
THE WIFE OF REV. CARLTON PEARSON FILES FOR DIVORCE!!!
MCPS Launches Enhanced Sports Medicine Athletic Training Program For Schools
Georgetown’s Tasha Butts Dies At 41 From Breast Cancer
WMATA Issues Warning Of Severe Metro Service Reductions Due To A $750 Million Budget Deficit
Warning: What You Need To Know About Scam Using Urban One-Radio Name
Arlington County Reopens Housing Voucher Waitlist Lot After Over A Decade
Teen Charged In Morgan State University Campus Shooting, Second Suspect Identified
Republicans Just Made It Harder To Be A Black Teacher In Virginia