For the second time in three days, Montgomery County Police Department (MCPD) officers responded to a threat at Montgomery Blair High School. Just two minutes after the dismissal bells rang on Monday afternoon, the department issued an alert regarding an ongoing investigation into the validity of the threat targeting the school.
Authorities ensured the safety of students and faculty on the school premises by securing them in designated areas and subsequently sending them home. At one point, there was a notable police presence around the school building, with K-9 units actively searching for any potential evidence.
Approximately an hour after the commencement of the police investigation, around 4 p.m., it was determined that the threat was found to be “not valid.” This followed an incident on Friday morning when Blair’s Principal, Renay Johnson, reported a bomb threat, leading to the school being placed on lockdown.
On that same Friday, Johnson shared on X just before 7:15 a.m. that they had received the “all-clear directive from the police,” confirming that it was safe to re-enter the building. After ensuring the school’s security on Monday, Johnson subsequently communicated this development to the Blair High School community through a letter.
source: The DMV Daily
- FedEx Field Evacuated After Sunday’s Commanders vs. Dolphins Game
- Beware: Thieves Targeting Those Wearing Canada Goose Jackets In DC
- Jesus Understands the Human Experience – A Motivational Moment
- Virginia State University Makes History As The First HBCU In The Country Selected To Host A General Election Presidential Debate
- Practice Financial Wi$dom this Holiday $eason!
- Governor Wes Moore’s Vision For Graduates Comes To Life Through Groundbreaking Program
- WMATA Issues Warning Of Severe Metro Service Reductions Due To A $750 Million Budget Deficit
- Student Injured in Altercation At Dunbar High School Involving Football Team Members
- Montgomery Blair High School Faces 2nd Bomb Threat Within 3 Days
- Georgetown’s Tasha Butts Dies At 41 From Breast Cancer
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Montgomery Blair High School Faces 2nd Bomb Threat Within 3 Days was originally published on woldcnews.com
THE WIFE OF REV. CARLTON PEARSON FILES FOR DIVORCE!!!
MCPS Launches Enhanced Sports Medicine Athletic Training Program For Schools
WMATA Issues Warning Of Severe Metro Service Reductions Due To A $750 Million Budget Deficit
Georgetown’s Tasha Butts Dies At 41 From Breast Cancer
Warning: What You Need To Know About Scam Using Urban One-Radio Name
Arlington County Reopens Housing Voucher Waitlist Lot After Over A Decade
Teen Charged In Morgan State University Campus Shooting, Second Suspect Identified
Republicans Just Made It Harder To Be A Black Teacher In Virginia