D.C.’s newest venture – the D.C. Sports Hall of Fame has a new list of inductees.
This year there are six D.C. area natives being inducted. Basketball legend and former University of Maryland star Lenny Bias will lead the list of inductees.
D.C. Sports Hall of Fame Committee Chairman Bobby Goldwater: “This year’s outstanding group of inductees consists of extraordinary individuals who have achieved excellence in sports here in the Nation’s Capital and includes six who come from this area.”
- Terps star Walt Williams;
- Reston, Virginia-native and NBA legend Grant Hill;
- Longtime sports statistician Marty Aronoff;
- Caps scoring great Peter Bondra;
- Popular broadcaster Steve Buckhantz;
- Legendary D.C. United striker Jaime Moreno
- Excellent hitting Senators second baseman Buddy Myer;
- Former Capitals General Manager David Poile;
- Former Washington Tennis and Education Foundation Executive Director Eleni Rossides.
The 10 honorees will be inducted into the D.C. Sports Hall of Fame on Sunday, May 6 at Nationals Park. A special ceremony will be held before the 1:35 p.m. game between the Nationals and Philadelphia Phillies.