Earlier this week, Isaiah Washington talked to “Get Up! Mornings” about his role in the new TVOne movie, “Behind The Movement.” He plays E.D. Nixon, an instrumental but little-known figure in the Montgomery Bus Boycott. The movie sheds a lot of light on the parts of the Civil Rights movement that we don’t typically hear about, like the two women that refused to give up their seat before Rosa Parks.
GRIFF also shares a bit of black history, about baseball player Leroy Satchel Paige. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Armed Bank Robber Killed By Montgomery County Police On Wednesday
- Mainstream Media Needs To Figure Out How To Call Racists Racist
- Alabama Chick-fil-A Opens On A Sunday To Fulfill The Wish Of Boy Living With Autism And Cerebral Palsy
- Prince George’s County Provides Information For Federal Government Shutdown Assistance
- Gov. Larry Hogan Sworn In For Second Term Wednesday
- Computer Glitch Responsible for Southwest Delays at BWI
- Baltimore Church Leaders Handing Over Files Amid Abuse Probe
- McDonald’s Employee Fired After Calling Customer The N-Word [Video]
- Washington D.C. Among Cites Most-Infected By Beg Bugs List
- Did You Feel That? 4.7 Magnitude Earthquake Reported Off Maryland Coast On Tuesday
Pivotal Civil Rights Figures Who Came Before Rosa Parks [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com