Vernon Martin is back and is giving everyone tips on wigs and units. He has helped women over the past several year with style and how to rock different hairstyles. Vernon also is behind Erica Campbell’s successful hairline.
He spoke about the difference between a unit and a wig because a lot of people don’t know. A wig and a unit is basically your hair accessory and not your grandmothers wig she used to wear. It can be styled, cut and at all times needs to be treated like the hair on your head.
He suggest to use Erica Campbell’s garment bags and hangers after taking off your unit. They should be combed, brushed, pinned and everything to stay in place. Vernon is gearing up for Essence Festival where he will give makeovers and teach women how to take care of the units as well as what products to buy.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- “The Queen Of Soul” Aretha Franklin Passes Away
- Urban One Founder Cathy Hughes Sends Her Condolences To Aretha Franklin
- Omarosa Claims Donald Trump Hit On Her
- Black Woman Screenshots Email From Company Saying She Didn’t Get A Job Because Her Name Is ‘Ghetto’
- GRIFF’s Prayer: “LiveBeat Dads” [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Restart, Refresh, Renew [EXCLUSIVE]
- Clark Atlanta University Is Far From Alone When It Comes To Student Housing Issues
- Time’s Up Just Made A Major Move On Their Grind To Fight Sexual Harassment
- Former Baltimore City Police Officer Charged With Assault
- Inspirational Lifestyles: 21 Days To Beat Depression – Depression Is The Opposite of Joy (Day 14)
Solange’s Epic Hair Evolution [PHOTOS]
1. Young Solange donned micro braids with highlights back in 2002.1 of 16
2. Solo’s braids got a little shorter and a little more burgundy.2 of 16
3. Solange took a page out of Bey’s book and opted for a honey blonde look.3 of 16
4. Her side-swept bang was all the rage back in 2004.4 of 16
5. Solo went super long and blonde in 2004.5 of 16
6. Back to black in ’06.6 of 16
7. Solange went for a more sophisticated look with these bouncy curls.7 of 16
8. Sultry and Straight.8 of 16
9. Solo was bangin’ back in ’09.9 of 16
10. Started from the bottom.10 of 16
11. Solange’s free spirit peaked with her new, short do.11 of 16
12. With the ‘fro, we get to see how gorgeous her face really is.12 of 16
13. Solo rocked the long braids in 2012.13 of 16
14. Solo brought in 2013 with her reliable afro.14 of 16
15. She continued the year with even bigger hair.15 of 16
16. Flawless!16 of 16
Vernon Martin Talks About The Differences Between Wigs & Units [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS] was originally published on getuperica.com