The legendary Winans family is widely recognized as the First Family of Gospel. The original Winans were comprised of the second, third, fourth and fifth sons of the ten children of David Pop Winans and Delores Winans born in Detroit, MI.
They Winans released their debut album, Introducing the Winans, in 1981, which featured the now-classic cuts “The Question Is” and “Restoration.”
The follow-up, Long Time Comin’, started to break the group to a wider audience in 1983, reaching the Top Ten on the gospel album charts. Through the years the group went on to release multiple albums and win numerous Grammy Awards while working with many other Gospel greats.
The group’s last recording was in 1995, but they continue to make hits with their involvement in various Winans family projects where they are credited as “The Winans.”
Check out some of the greatest hits from The Winans playlist and tell us which is your favorite in the comments section below:
- Bye, ESPN! Jemele Hill Has A New Job And It’s With LeBron James
- Dallas Police Chief Claims She Is ‘Prohibited’ From Firing Amber Guyger
- New Information In Memphis Police Shooting Of Black Man Raises Concerns Of A Cover-Up
- How An Iowa Supreme Court Decision Could Impact Driving While Black
- Where’s Justice? Stephon Clark’s Family, Sharpton Repeat Call Six Months After Father’s Death
- Canvassing While Black: Wisconsin Candidate Reported As Being A Drug Dealer In White Neighborhood
- Kamala Harris Is Calling Out Federal Agencies About Bias In Facial Recognition
- From NAACP to Michael Jordan, Here’s How African Americans Are Helping With Hurricane Florence
- Michael Jordan Donates Two Million Dollars For Hurricane Florence Relief
- High School Principal Refuses To Let Homeless Student Play Football For College Recruiters
Black Music Month: Celebrating The Winans [Video Playlist] was originally published on praisecleveland.com