From Associated Press:
They are launching their first national joint action on April 4, the 49th anniversary of King’s assassination, with “Fight Racism, Raise Pay” protests in two dozen cities, including Atlanta; Milwaukee; Memphis, Tennessee; Chicago; Boston; Denver; and Las Vegas.
…[Kendall] Fells, organizing director for the Fight for $15] said the new political reality requires the groups to band together. After President Donald Trump’s election, some civil rights and social justice organizations are taking an all-hands-on-deck approach against an administration they see as hostile to the working poor and minorities.
By working together, the two groups can reach more people and amplify their messages, activists say. “What we both realize is we’re stronger when we operate together,” Fells said.
In related news, The University of Miami law school introduced its first interdisciplinary course on new Black Lives Matter earlier this month, reports The Miami Hurricane.
Stirring Photos Of The Black Lives Matter Protests In Baton Rouge
1. Baton Rouge Protests1 of 12
2. Baton Rouge Protests2 of 12
3. Baton Rouge Protests3 of 12
4. Baton Rouge Protests4 of 12
5. Baton Rouge Protests5 of 12
6. Baton Rouge Protests6 of 12
7. Baton Rouge Protestors7 of 12
8. Baton Rouge Protestors8 of 12
9. Baton Rouge Protests9 of 12
10. Baton Rouge Protests10 of 12
11. Baton Rouge Protests11 of 12
12. Baton Rouge Protests12 of 12
Black Lives Matter And Wage Activists To Host Nationwide Protests was originally published on newsone.com