RED ZONE National Men‘s Conference Sells Out—Live Web Stream Available
Tony Dungy, John Harbaugh, Jim Zorn, James (JB) Brown to Headline, April 17
April 12, 2010 (Washington, D.C.) – RED ZONE: “Equipping Men to Cross the Line” has sold out nearly seventeen days before the event. Originally, there were 4,000 tickets available for this national conference featuring Tony Dungy, John Harbaugh, Jim Zorn and James (JB) Brown. To accommodate the demand, the hosts have arranged for a live webcast. Pay-per-View tickets are available for at www.wacmm.org.
“We are so pleased that this event has resonated with men in our region, and that they want to reengage with their faith, their families and their communities. We are thrilled that we are able to offer live internet streaming for those who were not able to get tickets, and for churches and Christian men’s groups that want to webcast this dynamic conference for their men,” said Marty Granger, conference organizer and chairman of Foundation for Manhood.
RED ZONE is a day-long conference that will be held from 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Saturday, April 17. The event, which will feature Tony Dungy, John Harbaugh, Jim Zorn and James (JB) Brown, will be held at First Baptist Church of Glenarden, 600 Watkins Park Drive in Upper Marlboro, Maryland.
In addition to the general sessions, sixteen different small-group sessions or “Huddles” are designed to help equip men with practical tools to move through their personal “Red Zone” and cross the goal line in their lives. The 75-minute sessions will be held in the morning and repeated again in the afternoon.
Huddle leaders include:
· Corwin Anthony, national director, Pro Ministry, Athletes in Action (AIA)
· Dan Bishop, regional director, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (with Keith Elias, former Giant, and Reggie Evans, former Redskin)
· Don Davis, chaplain and assistant coach, New England Patriots
· Harry Flaherty, former linebacker, Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys
· Mark Fisher, president, Sandy Cove Ministries and ordained pastor
· Rod Hairston, chaplain and team consultant, Baltimore Ravens
· Dwayne Hooper, former running back, Pittsburgh Steelers and pastor
· Michael Leahy, founder and executive director, Bravehearts
· Mike London, head football coach, University of Virginia
· Johnny Parker, chaplain and life coach, Washington Washington Football Team
· Lee Rouson, former running back, Cleveland Browns and New York Giants
· Mark Stephens, director, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, DC Metro Area (with Kevin Glover, former Detroit Lion)
· Walt Tomme and Dr. Mark Powell, former pastors and current businessmen
· Dale Sutherland and Billy Staton, youth pastors at McLean Bible Church & First Baptist Church Glenarden
· Glenn Wagner, founder and president, FutureLead, pastor and author.
· Roland Warren, President, National Fatherhood Initiative
Internet streaming for this event is being provided by lifestream.tv, a Christian-owned company committed to providing ministries with the ability to reach the world using the latest broadband internet technologies. Their streaming platform equips pastors and leaders to broadcast their audio and video messages to millions of internet users around the world.
RED ZONE is a presentation of Foundation for Manhood, a non-profit advocacy organization focused on promoting biblical manhood in partnership with the men’s ministry of First Baptist Church of Glenarden, led by Senior Pastor John K. Jenkins, Sr.
Press desiring to cover the event is admitted free. Press register in advance. To RSVP, contact Kathy Thompson, cell, 703.855.5556, or Email: KathyThompson0914@yahoo.com. Also assisting with press at the event is Lou Holder, cell, 301-938-9509, email@example.com. For full details, visit www.wacmm.org/redzone.html.