A new report suggests pills taken from Prince’s Paisley Park estate marked as hydrocodone actually contained the powerful opioid fentanyl, according to The Minneapolis Star Tribune.
The outlet says that the level of fentanyl found in the enigmatic singer’s system would have killed anyone who consumed it. Prince, 57, was found dead in his elevator on April 21 and only weighed 112 pounds.
According to CNN, fentanyl is 50 times more potent than heroin and up to 100 times more potent than morphine. Authorities are looking into the theory that Prince was unaware of the toxicity of the pills at the time of death.
Investigators ruled his death an accidental overdose, but the recent finding gives more insight into Prince’s death – either the pills were obtained illegally or the manufacturer mislabeled the product, which would lead to an extensive recall.
Prince’s death sparked a national conversation surrounding prescription pill addiction and a hike in the distribution of wholesale counterfeit pills containing fentanyl.
Minnesota and North Dakota has seen a slew of deaths relating to the drug earlier this year, The Tribune reports.
SOURCE: CNN, Minneapolis Star Tribune | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
NEWS ROUNDUP: Judge Orders Genetic Testing For Alleged Prince Heirs…AND MORE
NEWS ROUNDUP: 13 People Who Filed Claims For Prince’s Estate Ruled Out…AND MORE
Pills Seized From Prince’s Home Mislabeled, Contained Fentanyl was originally published on newsone.com
Deitrick Haddon Ex-wife -- Damita Haddon, Finally Breaks Her Silence!
Gospel Singer Shawn Jones Dies On Stage While Singing “Worthy Is He”
Donnie McClurkin Repairing ‘Broken’ Relationship With 12-Year-Old Son Matthew
Tye Tribbett Discusses Affair & Suicide!
Bishop IV Hilliard Speaks On Being Jailed After Church Fight!
One of Gospel Music's Giant Has Passed -- Ms. Lecresia Campbell
The Clergy Respond To Letter From a Birmingham Jail
Top 10 Civil Rights Protest Songs Of All Time