For The Crumble:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
For The Apples:
- ¾ cup Crisp Apple Sparkling ICE
- 8 red apples (Gala or Fuji preferred)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
For the crumble
- Combine brown sugar and flour in a mixing bowl, and cut in the butter with your hands. Mixture should look coarse with some chunks the size of peas.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the crumble on.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until light brown.
- Place baking tray on a wire rack to cool.
For the apples
- Core and cube the apples and place in a large bowl of cold water to avoid browning.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with Sparkling ICE in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the apples, salt, and cinnamon. Sautee over a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Pour the Sparkling Ice and cornstarch mixture into the pot, stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Break the cooled crumble up with your hands to desired size.
- Scoop the warm apples into 6 small ramekins or an 8 inch square serving dish.
- Top with crumble.
- Serve immediately.
CHIC EATS: Homemade Apple Crisp [RECIPE] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Deitrick Haddon Ex-wife -- Damita Haddon, Finally Breaks Her Silence!
Gospel Singer Shawn Jones Dies On Stage While Singing “Worthy Is He”
Donnie McClurkin Repairing ‘Broken’ Relationship With 12-Year-Old Son Matthew
Tye Tribbett Discusses Affair & Suicide!
Bishop IV Hilliard Speaks On Being Jailed After Church Fight!
One of Gospel Music's Giant Has Passed -- Ms. Lecresia Campbell
The Clergy Respond To Letter From a Birmingham Jail
Top 10 Civil Rights Protest Songs Of All Time