Steven A. Nash is the President and CEO of the Stoddard Baptist Home Foundation. Stoddard Baptist Home, Inc. has a legacy of caring for the elders in the District of Columbia since 1902 and operates Stoddard Baptist Nursing Home, a 164-bed nursing facility. Mr. Nash is also leading the development of Presidential Estates at Sycamore Hill, an assisted living facility in Mitchellville, Maryland. Additionally, under Stoddard’s management is Stoddard Baptist Global Care, a 259-bed facility and Stoddard Adult Day Care Center, a 55 participant Adult Medical Day Treatment Program. Mr. Nash held leadership roles in long-term organizations, which include:
- President of the District of Columbia Health Care Association
- Chairperson of the District’s Nursing Home Administrator Licensing Board
- Chair of the National Association of Boards and Examiners of Long Term Care Administrators (NAB) Continuing Education Committee
- Vice Chair of the Examination Committee
- LeadingAge Finance Committee
- Chair of LeadingAge, D.C.
The American Health Care Association selected him as a member of “Future Leaders of Long Term Care in America” and he was a recipient of a national grant for training nursing home administrators by the National Caucus on Black Aged. He also led a demonstration project for the D.C. Office on Aging to examine innovative ways to provide care for those with Alzheimer’s disease. He is a board member of LeadingAge D.C., an appointed member of the District of Columbia State Health Planning and Development Agency (SHPDA) and recipient of the 2016 Dr. Herbert Shore Outstanding Mentor Award.
Steven Nash is a native Washingtonian and graduate of Princeton University.