The internet is falling over itself with news of Bozoma Saint John‘s remarkable Worldwide Developers Conference speech, and it damn well should.
The brand executive stunned a traditionally White-washed crowd with her lively presentation at the conference.
And Twitter erupted with a digital “yasss.”
As the head of global consumer marketing for Apple Music, professional slayage is nothing new to this woman. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Bozoma has always been ahead of the curve, coining the term “Nuthing but a Boz thang” for her 10th grade student council run.
Now her witty slogans and ideas are driving the revenue of one of the most influential brands on the planet.
Here’s what you should know:
- Bozoma was born in Ghana but immigrated to Colorado Springs, Colorado, when she was 14. Her dad, who was a clarinetist, went on to earn his college degree in America.
- She earned her degree in African-American Studies and English from Wesleyan University.
- She started her career at Pepsi and Spike Lee‘s ad agency.
- Two years ago she was the first recipient of ADCOLOR Rockstar Award.
- Billboard named her one of the top women in music and one of its top 40 executives under 40.
With so many amazing accolades already under her belt, we can only imagine what she’s going to do next.
THE WIFE OF REV. CARLTON PEARSON FILES FOR DIVORCE!!!
MCPS Launches Enhanced Sports Medicine Athletic Training Program For Schools
Warning: What You Need To Know About Scam Using Urban One-Radio Name
Arlington County Reopens Housing Voucher Waitlist Lot After Over A Decade
Georgetown’s Tasha Butts Dies At 41 From Breast Cancer
WMATA Issues Warning Of Severe Metro Service Reductions Due To A $750 Million Budget Deficit
6 Summer Makeup Must-Haves Experts Say You Should Shop
Teen Charged In Morgan State University Campus Shooting, Second Suspect Identified