UPDATED: Sunday, November 22, 2015 10:30 AM EST
While appearing on Fox & Friends Sunday morning, Donald Trump addressed the scuffle involving a Black Lives Matter protestor and his supporters, suggesting that the man deserved the beating.
“I don’t know. Rough up? Maybe he should have been roughed up because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing.”
In the past, Trump has said that he would physically fight Black Lives Matter protestors if they interrupted one of his rallies.
A Black protester at a Donald Trump rally in Birmingham, Ala. was allegedly assaulted after the GOP presidential hopeful ordered supporters to remove him from the event, according to CNN reporter Jeremy Diamond.
The man, who was allegedly wearing a Black Lives Matter t-shirt, was “shoved, tackled, kicked and punched” by White Trump supporters as security struggled to help the man to his feet.
Trump can be heard on the video saying, “Get him the hell out of here,” as the cheers and jeers in the reckless crowd continue to escalate.
The man, who has not be identified, was allegedly saying “Black Lives Matter,” to which some in the White crowd screamed, “All Lives Matter.”
This is rich, coming from a state where racial disparities are so stark and run so deep. Birmingham, Alabama is the heart of the Civil Rights Movement. That this incident happened here is peak irony — though not at all surprising.
According to CNN, Trump spokesperson Hope Hicks claims, “The campaign does not condone this behavior.”
We certainly can’t tell since The Donald is going around the country inciting it.
Trump has not yet issued a statement.
SOURCE: CNN | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
Watch Roland Martin and the NewsOne Now panel discuss the attack on a Black Lives Matter protester and Donald Trumps response to the incident in the video clip below.
Fun Facts About The Wives Of The 2016 Presidential Candidates
1. Bernie & Jane O'Meara SandersSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Dr. Ben Carson & Lacena "Candy" CarsonSource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Lincoln & Stephanie ChafeeSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Mike & Katie O'MalleySource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Jim & Hong Le WebbSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Ted & Heidi Nelson CruzSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Jeb & Columba BushSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Mike & Janet HuckabeeSource:Getty 8 of 14
9. Chris Christie & Mary Pat FosterSource:Getty 9 of 14
10. Marco Rubio & Jeanette DousdebesSource:Getty 10 of 14
11. Donald & Melania Knauss-TrumpSource:Getty 11 of 14
12. Bill & Hillary ClintonSource:Getty 12 of 14
13. Carly & Frank FiorinaSource:Getty 13 of 14
14. John Kasich & Karen WaldbilligSource:Getty 14 of 14
“He Should Have Been Roughed Up:” Donald Trump Backs Supporters Who Attacked Black Man At Ala. Rally was originally published on newsone.com