Arlington has opened its Housing Choice Voucher Program waitlist for the first time since 2012. This program helps residents with rent costs. Eligible residents can apply online for a chance to join the 5,000-slot waitlist, with a ten-day application window ending on September 23. To qualify, applicants must be U.S. citizens or have eligible immigration status and meet income limits based on family size.
Arlington updates its housing voucher waitlist every 10 to 20 years as eligibility changes. Applying doesn’t guarantee a spot, as selection is by lottery, with some priority for homeless or displaced families.
The program allocates 75% of vouchers to “extremely low-income” individuals (around $32,000 for singles) and 25% to “very low-income” individuals (about $53,000 for singles).
Arlington faces affordable housing challenges due to single-family homes dominating the area. The “Missing Middle” housing reform plan, approved this year, aims to increase housing options by allowing townhouses, duplexes, and small buildings in historically single-family neighborhoods.
Supporters hope this initiative will address affordability concerns in the turbulent housing market. To apply for the voucher waitlist lottery, visit Arlington County’s official website or click the link in our story.
source: The DMV Daily
- Drivers Registering Cars In Virginia To Avoid Insurance Cost In Their Home States
- Sticky Fingers To Close Due To Crime Surge On H Street
- Text & Title 1-21-24
- BREAKING: 3 Police Officers Shot In SE DC While Serving Animal Cruelty Warrant
- Maryland Program Offering Free Medical Equipment Aids For Residents In Need
- Washington Wizards January 2024 Highlights
- Dr. Monifa McKnight Steps Down As Superintendent of MCPS
- Virginia Music Teacher Wins The 2024 Grammy Music Educator Award
- Governor Wes Moore Shares Childhood Stories, Gives Insight On The 2024 Legislative Agenda + More!
- Urban One Remembers Former WOL Talk Show Host Joe Madison
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Arlington County Reopens Housing Voucher Waitlist Lot After Over A Decade was originally published on woldcnews.com
DC Approves SNAP Benefit Increase Following Legal Pressure
Montgomery County Offers Free Tax Help For Income-Eligible Residents
Assistant Police Chief of DC Announces Retirement
Finalized: Former Wizards Forward Rui Hachimura Now A Los Angeles Laker
2019 First Ladies Tea Awards Office Rules
2024 Urban One Honors Celebrates the BEST IN BLACK! ✨
Lecrae, Tye Tribbett & Kirk Franklin Among 2024 Gospel Grammy Winners
Sarah Jakes Roberts’ Celebrated Woman Evolve Returns to Globe Life Field