Teachers in Loudoun County will receive raises as part of the district’s new operational budget in fiscal year 2024. The school board authorized a 6.9% increase over Fiscal Year 2023, which includes increased employee compensation, at their meeting.
Due to the lack of a definitive state budget, the approval occurred outside of the standard budget cycle. The budget proposals were based on the “best available information in an uncertain macroeconomic climate.”
The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors supported the budget, providing $16.3 million in extra funds to fill the gaps left at the state. When paired with previously awarded step increases, eligible LCPS employees will get a least 5% raise, with an overall average of 5.8%.
Additional elementary school counselors and staffing support for Title I schools, staffing enhancements to support English language learners, a new math intervention pilot program, and eliminating athletic fees for all students participating in Virginia High School League (VHSL) sports are also included in this budget.
source: The DMV Daily
- Morgan State University To Host HBCUniverse Summit This Weekend
- Starbucks Reveals First Accessible Store In D.C.
- Unions Oppose Plan To Relocate Washington Wizards And Capitals To Potomac Yard
- DC’s Daily Rider Bike Shop Burglarized For The 3rd Time
- Maryland Fisherman Shatters State Record With Massive Rainbow Trout Catch: ‘Feels Good’
- Drivers Registering Cars In Virginia To Avoid Insurance Cost In Their Home States
- Sticky Fingers To Close Due To Crime Surge On H Street
- Text & Title 1-21-24
- BREAKING: 3 Police Officers Shot In SE DC While Serving Animal Cruelty Warrant
- DC Ranks 2nd In US Cities For Traffic Congestions
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Loudoun County Public School Employees To Receive Minimum 5% Pay Raise Under 2024 Budget was originally published on mymajicdc.com
Black History Month “Best in Black” Salutes Warren M Thompson, Thompson Hospitality Corporation
Washington Wizards January 2024 Highlights
WPRS/WYCB Are Giving A Black History Salute To Churches In The DMV [Submit Your Church Here]
Lecrae, Tye Tribbett & Kirk Franklin Among 2024 Gospel Grammy Winners
2024 Urban One Honors Celebrates the BEST IN BLACK! ✨
Assistant Police Chief of DC Announces Retirement
Griff Chats with His “Littles” From Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentorship Program [LISTEN] | Mr. Griffin
Finalized: Former Wizards Forward Rui Hachimura Now A Los Angeles Laker