A child’s health is always essential for future of ones life. Throughout America there are around 95% of children, 0 to 18 years-old that have health insurance to protect them if they do get sick but with the high coverage rates, this opportunity isn’t affordable for all.
There are options like Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) that can help low income families find health relief. But those who don’t qualify for government assistance still may struggle, especially with high inflation. In addition to the cost, the quality of the health care system, access to healthy food and fluoridated water are all major factors when it comes to overall health.
Across the nation, each state is different but is yours one of the best or one of the worst when it comes to health care for children? WalletHub has put together a list of where each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia rank. They have ranked each state based on; cost, quality and access to children’s health care.
See where some of our Radio One market’s landed on the list;
#2 Washington, D.C.
#38 North Carolina
READ MORE HEALTH NEWS:
- LeBron James’ son Bronny Suffers Cardiac Arrest During USC Basketball Workout
- Free Hearing Aids & Sound Amplifiers To Residents Over 60 In Montgomery County
- Pregnant Non-Citizens In Maryland Are Eligible For Free Health Care
- John Amos Accuses Daughter Of Elder Abuse On IG After Her Inital Accusation
- Michelle Obama’s Amazing Tradition Of Centering Children’s Nutrition
- See Where The DMV Ranks For Children’s Health Care In 2023
- Understanding Down Syndrome In The Black Community
- Former President Bill Clinton Tests Positive for COVID-19
- HU Community Wellness Roundtable: Keep It Moving! [Register Here]
- HU Community Wellness Roundtable: Fitness While Remote
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
See Where The DMV Ranks For Children’s Health Care In 2023 was originally published on woldcnews.com
DC Appoints Their First Black Woman Police Chief
Marvin Sapp, Mahalia Jackson and More Named Inductees For The Black Music and Entertainment Walk Of Fame
See Marcus Jordan Live At The 15th Annual Spirit of Praise
'The Angel That Raised Me As A Kid': Kirk Franklin Fondly Remembers Adoptive Mother Gertrude
See Smokie Norful Live At The 15th Annual Spirit of Praise
Tickets On Sale Now: The 15th Annual Spirit of Praise October 14th at Reid Temple AME
Warning: What You Need To Know About Scam Using Urban One-Radio Name
Happy Birthday Hip Hop! Here’s 11 Gospel Hip Hop Songs To Celebrate With