SheaMoisture has consistently supported the underserved community, especially Black-female owned businesses, and every year they’ve upped the ante on how they’re giving back to the community! Recently, the brand has strengthened its ongoing partnership with luxe wellness company, BROWN GIRL Jane, to invest $250,000 in support of Black-owned beauty and wellness brands! In doing so, they’ve expanded their #BrownGirlSwap initiative to offer Black-female founders a platform to amplify their brands, receive mentorship, and be awarded funding to support their individual business goals.
BROWN GIRL Jane was founded by sisters, Malaika and Nia Jones, along with beauty expert Tai Beauchamp. The luxury, plant-based wellness collection was created on centering the needs of women of color with product lines that are meant to support the wholeness of Black women through internal balance and external beauty. Together, SheaMoisture and BROWN GIRL Jane will continue to amplify and uplift Black-female founders through #BrownGirlSwap while bringing awareness and support to their cause.
The #BrownGirlSwap initiative consists of five verticals – AMPLIFY, FUND, EMPOWER, DIVERSIFY & SWAP. Check out the details of each vertical below:
- AMPLIFY: SheaMoisture and BROWN GIRL Jane will amplify Black, female-owned, indie brands, generating mass exposure rarely accessible to young start-ups.
- FUND: This program will award Black-owned, indie beauty and wellness brands with grants totaling $250,000. Apply and follow the journey at browngirljane.com/swap
- EMPOWER: SheaMoisture will sponsor a virtual summit called The BLACK TO BUSINESS SUMMIT. This will be an expansive, free, virtual business bootcamp and networking space. Learn more: browngirljane.com/B2Bsummit
- DIVERSIFY: SheaMoisture and BROWN GIRL Jane will continue to usher in diverse beauty talent with its new 2021 semester-long, paid internship program for Black college students.
- SWAP: #BrownGirlSwap launched across social channels in June 2020. The program, which will continue to be elevated through this partnership and garner even more awareness and impact, inspires consumers to commit to replacing at least 5 of their “go-to products” with brands owned by Black women.
“We are so proud to work alongside SheaMoisture to enhance the #BrownGirlSwap,” Malaika Jones Kebede, CEO of BROWN GIRL Jane, said in a statement. “Enduring change requires an evergreen, multifaceted program to begin creating equity in this industry.” Tai Beauchamp, Chief Brand Officer of BROWN GIRL Jane continued, “this collaboration will bolster and create space for so many emerging brands and in turn, do far more than cutting a check.”
For more on #BrownGirlSwap, follow @itsbrowngirljane and @sheamoisture.
SheaMoisture And BROWN GIRL Jane Team Up To Support Black-Women Owned Beauty Brands
SheaMoisture’s New Campaign Celebrates The Beauty Of Black Women And Pays Homage To Our Ancestors
SheaMoisture And BROWN GIRL Jane Expand Their Support Of Black-Women Owned Businesses was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Deitrick Haddon Ex-wife -- Damita Haddon, Finally Breaks Her Silence!
What is Good Friday? Why is it called Good Friday?
Keeping Your Focus on Jesus – A Motivational Moment
Watch Night 1 of Our Praise Virtual Spring Revival Featuring The Chosen 4 and Dr. Ralph A. Martino Sr.
Warning: What You Need To Know About Scam Using Urban One-Radio Name
Tickets On Sale Now: The 15th Annual Spirit of Praise October 14th at Reid Temple AME
3 Things To Remember During Holy Week
See Tim Bowman Jr. Live At The 15th Annual Spirit of Praise