The BIG 10 has officially voted to cancel the 2020 football season for the conference due to concerns of COVID-19. The Detroit Free Press broke the news that The presidents voted ended with a, 12-2, Sunday putting a stop the 2020 season. The only two schools in the conference that voted in favor of having the season were Iowa and Nebraska.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
This decision came only two days after the Mid-American Conference announced the cancelation of their season. The Big 10 is the first of the Power Five conference to make this unprecedented move.
According to ESPN, the Big Ten presidents were ready to cancel the conference’s fall sports season but wanted to see what the other conference at the Power Five level were planning and if they would do the same.
- Drop The Mic: TD Jakes Explores The Power Of Words In New Book [EXCLUSIVE]
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: Leave The Drama With Your Mama [VIDEO]
- Kim Potter, Ex-Minnesota Officer Will Be Charged With Second-Degree Manslaughter In Death Of Daunte Wright
- Willie Moore Jr. Reflects On DMX’s Life & Boldness About God [VIDEO]
- Officer Bruce Griggs Discusses What You Should Do When You Have An Encounter With Police [EXCLUSIVE]
- EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Price Explains How 2020 Inspired “Dance Party” Gospel Song
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Cheryl Jackson Talks With Sarah Jakes Roberts About The Inspiration Behind Her New Book “Woman Evolve”
- Toya Johnson Praises Mielle Organics Drops For Regrowing Her Edges
- Dr. Willie Jolley & His Wife Dee Taylor Talk New Book, ‘Make Love, Make Money & Make It Last In Marriage’
Big 10 Cancels 2020 Football Season Due to COVID-19 Concerns was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com