Gov. Larry Hogan on Monday announced that Maryland will receive $125 million in federal grant money to support a joint project with CSX to expand the Howard Street tunnel. However, the grant is far less than what the state asked for.
The Hogan administration says the money will allow the state to partner with CSX Transportation to double-stack shipping containers in the Howard Street Tunnel to break the rail bottleneck before the Helen Delich Bentley Port of Baltimore.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
For The Latest News: Follow @‘wolbbaltimore’
#WeWillPersist: 10 Black Women Who Deserve Their Own Monuments
1. Black Girls Rock!Source: 1 of 11
2. Missy ElliottSource: 2 of 11
3. Former First Lady Michelle ObamaSource: 3 of 11
4. Congresswoman Maxine WatersSource: 4 of 11
5. Harriet TubmanSource: 5 of 11
6. Viola DavisSource: 6 of 11
7. Ida Bell Wells-BarnettSource: 7 of 11
8. Sojourner TruthSource: 8 of 11
9. Serena WilliamsSource: 9 of 11
10. Rosa ParksSource: 10 of 11
11. Shirley ChisholmSource: 11 of 11
Maryland Gets $125M Federal Grant To Expand Howard Street Tunnel was originally published on wolbbaltimore.com