Maryland lawmakers and gun violence prevention advocates are calling attention to gun control measures in the General Assembly this year.
One would ban weapons commonly called “ghost guns.” They can be built at home with 3D printers or from parts of kits available online. They also don’t require a criminal background check. Supporters of the legislation say they make it easier for convicted felons, domestic abusers and others legally prohibited from owning firearms to acquire guns.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
For The Latest News: Follow @wolbbaltimore
#WeWillPersist: 10 Black Women Who Deserve Their Own Monuments
1. Black Girls Rock!Source: 1 of 11
2. Missy ElliottSource: 2 of 11
3. Former First Lady Michelle ObamaSource: 3 of 11
4. Congresswoman Maxine WatersSource: 4 of 11
5. Harriet TubmanSource: 5 of 11
6. Viola DavisSource: 6 of 11
7. Ida Bell Wells-BarnettSource: 7 of 11
8. Sojourner TruthSource: 8 of 11
9. Serena WilliamsSource: 9 of 11
10. Rosa ParksSource: 10 of 11
11. Shirley ChisholmSource: 11 of 11
Maryland Lawmakers, Advocates Discuss Gun Control Bills was originally published on wolbbaltimore.com