In church we always see women with beautiful church hats on making it the statement piece to go with their outfit. Pastor J. Nelson was covering for Erica Campbell while she was away and spoke about the story of why men take their hats off in church and several other places. Back in the day men used to hide guns under their hats, when they took it off and there was no hat it meant they came in peace.
When men put on hats now sometimes it’s to hide not having a haircut or going with their outfit. Sometimes men can feel very offended when you ask them to take their hat off. How do you feel about men wearing hats in church?
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH — “KAMALA HARRIS” – US SENATOR & PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE
- IT’S MONDAY AND ALWAYS TIME FOR SOME THROWBACKS ON “THE WINSTON CHANEY MORNING SHOW”
- Le’Andria Johnson Gets To The Root Of Her Issues On “Iyana: Fix My Life” Part 2
- Faith & Fame: The Mann’s On Keeping God & Love First [EXCLUSIVE]
- Scripture For The Week “God’s Got Us”
- Sunday School Review “You’re In Good Hands”
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Cling And Jerk [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Through her new film “The Best of Enemies” Taraji P. Henson Emphasizes the Importance of Education
- Weekend Box-Office: ‘Us’ Shatters Opening Weekend Records | #UsMovie
- Prayer Requests “Prayer Will Fix It”
Meet The Stars Of "We're The Campbells" [PHOTOS]
1. We're The CampbellsSource:TV One 1 of 9
2. Warryn CampbellSource:TV One 2 of 9
3. Erica CampbellSource:TV One 3 of 9
4. The CampbellsSource:TV One 4 of 9
5. Krista CampbellSource:TV One 5 of 9
6. Wozy CampbellSource:TV One 6 of 9
7. Zaya CampbellSource:TV One 7 of 9
8. "We're The Campbells" Full CastSource:TV One 8 of 9
9. The CampbellsSource:TV One 9 of 9
The History Behind Why Men Are To Take Off Their Hats [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com