Tara Jenkins, is the wife of Pastor Charles Jenkins and she loves the fact that he encourages her as well as stands by her teaching methods. She mentioned that they are very unconventional, but everyone still learns from them. Tara even spoke about how she does the “Thriller” dance before teaching at times and adds secular music into her message.
She talked about a sign that had been in front of the church for years about not wearing pants. Tara and her husband decided to take that sign down because this is a different time. She felt that she could possibly pushing people away that can’t afford dresses and other garments.
People come from different walks of life and it’s not right to tell them they can’t come in. Now everyone can feel welcomed and dress how they want. They can put on pants and listen to the word of God.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Maverick City Music and Kirk Franklin Does An NPR Tiny Desk For Black Music Month
- Why Every Black Man Needs A Hobby
- ‘Like Somebody Shot Me’: Rudy Giuliani Has Man Arrested For Slapping Him On The Back
- Kirk Franklin ‘Passes The Baton’ To Maverick City Music At The BET Awards
- NBA Star Pascal Siakam Donates Laptops To Underserved Youth In Toronto
- Rev. Al Sharpton Says Roe v. Wade Overturn Will Disproportionately Impact Black People
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade To Make Abortion Unconstitutional
- Washington Wizards Select Johnny Davis With The 1st Round #10 NBA Draft Pick
- Watch: Kim Burrell Drops First New Single In 8 Years With “Working For Your Good”
- Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard Kelly Are Featured on Disney’s “Harmonious”