Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Anita Wilson Brings Her New Song “Still live to The Get Up Church
- Sunday Best’s, Josh Copeland Releases New Music, “All Things Working”
- What’s The Tea: Megyn Kelly Tried To Come For Naomi Osaka
- What’s The Tea: Kevin Hart Is Gearing Up For His Brand New Talk Show on Peacock “Hart to Heart”
- Inspirational Lifestyles: A Faith that Works When Life Doesn’t – Seek to Understand Before Being Understood
- Late Gospel Radio Host Eddie Taylor May Soon Be Honored With Renaming Of Ballfields In Lipscomb Park
- What’s The Tea: Jeff Bazos Awards Van Jones and Jose’ Andres 100 Million Dollars
- Inspirational Lifestyles: A Faith That Works When Life Doesn’t – How to Be Confident in Uncertain Times
- After a Decade Long Hiatus, Dawkins & Dawkins Is Back With A Brand New Single “In My Feelings” (video)
- Have You Heard Charles Jenkins’ New Album ‘PRAISE PARTY, Vol. 1’ Yet?
10 Celebrities We’ve Lost To Suicide [PHOTOS]
1. Don CorneliusSource: 1 of 10
2. Robin WilliamsSource: 2 of 10
3. Lee Thompson YoungSource: 3 of 10
4. Simone BattleSource: 4 of 10
5. Aaron HernandezSource: 5 of 10
6. Chris LightySource: 6 of 10
Source: 7 of 10
8. Alexander McQueen
Source: 8 of 10
9. Freddy E.
Source: 9 of 10
Same nigga since '91. pic.twitter.com/Uiwj0aPF— Freddy E. (@Freddy_E) January 5, 2013
10. Kate Spade
Source: 10 of 10
Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com