Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Damaged but Not Destroyed: From Trauma to Triumph with Mike Todd [LISTEN]
- Message of Encouragement | Faith Walking
- Walk In Your Power | Ericaism
- WORDS from Sheilah Belle
- Introducing Anisa Fowler’s Hit ‘Jesus All The Way’ | Get Up Exclusive
- Always Give God The Glory | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Erica Campbell Talks New Album “I Love You” With Cheryl Jackson At DC Album Release Party
- The Vision Will Not Lie…Wait For It! | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Faith Walking: With Guest Dr. Kym Lee
- Baltimore Artist Spotlight – Jody Davis
Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com
'The Angel That Raised Me As A Kid': Kirk Franklin Fondly Remembers Adoptive Mother Gertrude
Marvin Sapp, Mahalia Jackson and More Named Inductees For The Black Music and Entertainment Walk Of Fame
DC Appoints Their First Black Woman Police Chief
See Marcus Jordan Live At The 15th Annual Spirit of Praise
Tickets On Sale Now: The 15th Annual Spirit of Praise October 14th at Reid Temple AME
Happy Birthday Hip Hop! Here’s 11 Gospel Hip Hop Songs To Celebrate With
Willie Moore Jr. Receives The St. Jude Urban Cares Radio Partner Of The Year Award
See Smokie Norful Live At The 15th Annual Spirit of Praise