Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Inspirational Lifestyles: Be Still and Know – Opportunity for Joy (August 8th)
- BOW WOW TO HOST THE IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE FROM BUNIM/MURRAY PRODUCTIONS
- James Bond Is Back ON The Big Screen
- Celebrate the 35th Anniversary of the Classic Film Dirty Dancing
- Grammy® Winner Tamela Mann and NAACP Image® Award-Winning Comedian David Mann Bring the Overcomer Mann Family Tour to a City Near You
- Frontier Now Offering Nonstop Flights From BWI To Las Vegas For As Low As $89!
- Forward City X Travis Greene Brings “Tent Revival” To The Get Up! Church [Listen]
- 10 Positive Affirmations Every Black Woman Should Recite Before Leaving The House
- Lecrae Pulls the Plug on Mixtape Series With Final
- Jonathan McReynolds Pushes Out New Single, Your World
Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com