April Harden is the church coordinator for Angel Tree Christmas. It’s an organization that helps families of incarcerated parents and brings the kids gifts. Many people don’t know, but over 2.7 million children have parents that are incarcerated.
April shared her story about how she went to prison from the ages of 17-20. She was caught drinking and driving and almost killed someone.
She mentioned that it was during that time in prison where she focused on God’s word. April got involved with Angel Tree Christmas when a woman brought over gifts to her kids when they found out the father of her children were in prison. April mentioned that her being in prison was her training in life.
She is still friends with the woman and spoke about how her kids were able to go to the summer camp. It is such a overwhelming feeling that a stranger helped her. She is so blessed and thankful for what God did for her as well as her family.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Black Lives Matter Signs Damaged Or Stolen In Several Cities, Police Say
- Heartbreaking: College Student Dies After Family Says He Was Repeatedly Hazed
- Angela Bassett Is Definitely “Redeeming The Time”
- Memory Scripture Of The Week – Ephesians 6:10
- Watch These ‘Regretful’ Trump Supporters Suddenly Realize 45 Is Immoral
- Thug Who Flashed Gun At HBCU Students Is Still On The Streets
- Everything We Know About The Memphis Police Shooting Of Martavious Banks
- Jonathan Nelson On His New Album: “From Beginning to End You Really Feel Like You Are Hearing And Feeling Declaration For Yourself” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- University’s Counselors Believe White Students Need A ‘Safe Space’ To Discuss Anti-Racism
- Jenifer Lewis Wears Nike On Emmys Red Carpet In Support Of Colin Kaepernick [VIDEO]
Latice Crawford At The 2017 Prayer Breakfast
1.1 of 13
2.2 of 13
3.3 of 13
4.4 of 13
5.5 of 13
6.6 of 13
7.7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9.9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11.11 of 13
12.12 of 13
13.13 of 13
April Harden Shares How She Used Her Incarceration As Training [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com