Regina Belle is a Grammy Award winning singer and is about to be featured on TV One’s “Unsung.” While speaking with Erica Campbell she talked about how God and family helped her through her career. She mentioned that her family still looks at her just like Gina and not the star she is.
They have kept her grounded and rooted through these 31 years in the music industry. The family also made her keep things in perspective. Regina also talked about her highs and lows in her career. She recalled being in a hotel room in New Orleans and knowing God was there.
Regina had drank nearly a 5th of Hennessy and heard, “If you want to get high you gotta go to something stronger.”
At that moment she knew that she didn’t want to do this to herself anymore. Years later she went on to sing gospel music even though it wasn’t her first thought. Regina’s life has been filled with mountains as well as peaks and fans will see that on the show.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Reality Check: Black Soccer Dad Could Have Been Arrested Or Worse For Doing Nothing Wrong
- Kierra Coles’ Mother Addresses Rumors That Boyfriend Is Involved In Her Disappearance
- African Americans Who Lead HIV Diagnoses May Get Game-Changing Treatment
- Mayoral Candidate Amara Eniya Slams Corrupt Police Departments In Chicago
- Suraj Sharma Talks About His Role On “God Friended Me” [Audio]
- Trump Loses To Obama With Student Debt Relief Ruling On For-Profit Colleges
- Prosecutors Say Police Misconduct Is Interfering With Sex Assault Case Against Harvey Weinstein
- Real Life Uncle Ruckus! Minister Jesse Lee Peterson: ‘Black People Have Been So Violent Over The Years’
- 9-Year-Old Boy On Being Falsely Accused Of Groping #CornerstoreCaroline: ‘I Don’t Forgive This Woman’
- President Obama Debunks Your Reasons For Not Voting