California Democratic Senator Kamala Harris has been dropping major hints that she’s running for president from appearing on talk shows like Ellen Degeneres to increasing funding for HBCUs from $244.7 million to $279.6 million. Her latest move is a huge sign that she is aiming to be Madam President.
Harris is refusing to speak at the graduation University of California at Berkeley due to a labor strike. SFGate.com reports, “Thousands of service workers with the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, AFSCME, walked off the job at all 10 UC campuses Monday in protest of what they said was the University of California’s practice of hiring contractors and displacing longtime employees.” The labor dispute is about wages and job security. The Sacramento Bee reports “AFSCME 3299 negotiators have sought wage increases of 6 percent, a freeze on health-care premiums and elimination of contracting out jobs for which its members are trained.” As of now, the university has rejected their demands.
On Monday, Harris tweeted her support, writing, “If we are going to live up to our ideals as a nation, it’s critical we focus on economic equality and economic justice. One key is making sure everyone has access to a good job, with fair wages, and safe working conditions.” See the tweet below:
Who will the students get instead? Campus chancellor Carol Christ. Students have expressed their disappointment, Charlotte Cordova, 22, said, “I was just looking forward to hearing from a California senator, a woman of color senator, and I’ve heard potentially that she’s running for president. I was curious to see what she’s had to say — and so were my friends, Democrats and Republicans.”
While we can imagine this is disappointing, this is a clear sign that Kamala Harris will be running.
Austin Bombings: 19 Days Of White Domestic Terror Targeting Black People
1. First Victim Killed: Anthony Stephan HouseSource:Getty 1 of 15
2. Anthony Stephan House's HomeSource:Getty 2 of 15
3. Second Victim Killed: Draylen MasonSource:Getty 3 of 15
4. Third ExplosionSource:Getty 4 of 15
5. Third Explosion Crime SceneSource:Getty 5 of 15
6. Fourth ExplosionSource:Getty 6 of 15
7. Fourth Explosion InvestigationSource:Getty 7 of 15
8. Police Talk To The PublicSource:Getty 8 of 15
9. Police Speak AgainSource:Getty 9 of 15
10. Fifth Blast OccursSource:Getty 10 of 15
11. Texas Troopers RespondSource:Getty 11 of 15
12. Authorities Hunt For Suspected BomberSource:Getty 12 of 15
13. Authorities On Suspect's TrailSource:Getty 13 of 15
14. Location Of Bomber FoundSource:Getty 14 of 15
15. FBI On PatrolSource:Getty 15 of 15
Here’s The Biggest Sign Yet That Kamala Harris Is Running For President was originally published on newsone.com