Joy Hill is a mentor and successful gospel singer. Over the past several years she has battled so many ups and downs, but continues to push through it all. Music is her heartbeat and she loves singing how she feels about God whenever she can.
Some time ago, Hill’s marriage ended and she spoke to Erica Campbell about how she would show up to church with a smile on her face, but be so broken inside. During this time she also dealt with suicidal thoughts and God made her see victory and brought her to help others. Listen to this powerful interview.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- BMI Trailblazers 2021: 20 Most Performed Gospel Songs Revealed
- Donald Lawrence, Sir The Baptist, Kanye West & More Honored at 2021 BMI Trailblazers of Gospel Music Awards
- ACLU Sued By Black Worker For Racial Employment Discrimination, Second Time In The Past Year
- Barack And Michelle Obama Create Series To Teach Youth About Civic Engagement
- Breaking Barriers: Dr. Jason Wingard To Become Temple University’s First Black President
- U.S. District Judge Debra M. Brown Makes History In Mississippi
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Goes Blonde Again And We’re Loving It!
- Critical Race Theory Used To Attack Black Arizona School Board Member
- 13 Hospitalized After Mass Shooting On Austin’s Sixth Street
- Pharrell Williams To Open Norfolk-Based School For Underserved Students
12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors [PHOTOS]
1. Marvin WinansSource:Getty 1 of 12
2. William MurphySource:Getty 2 of 12
3. Jason NelsonSource:Getty 3 of 12
4. Deitrick HaddonSource:Getty 4 of 12
5. Travis GreeneSource:Getty 5 of 12
6. Warryn CampbellSource:Getty 6 of 12
7. Kim BurrellSource:Getty 7 of 12
8. Charles JenkinsSource:Getty 8 of 12
9. Marvin SappSource:Getty 9 of 12
10. Smokie NorfulSource:Getty 10 of 12
11. William McDowellSource:Getty 11 of 12
12. Shirley CaesarSource:Getty 12 of 12
How God Helped Joy Hill Get Through Suicidal Thoughts [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com