As people get back into their week after the holiday weekend, all anybody can talk about is “Black Panther.” The film debuted in theaters over the weekend, grossing over $400 million worldwide. Erica Campbell talks about how rewarding it was to see her daughter, Krista, react to all the images of all those beautiful black people, especially dark-skinned women, as warriors and royalty onscreen.
GRIFF talks about some of the beautiful moments in the film that highlighted cultural unity on a level we don’t typically see on screen. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Here Are The Names Of The Children Missing In D.C. Since Jan 1, 2018
- Get Up Poll: Callers Are Tired Of Older People Using Filters On Social Media [EXCLUSIVE]
- This Custodian Stole From Students During The National School Walkout
- 2018 Prayer Breakfast Honorees
- DC Museum Explores The Evolution And Influence Of HBCUs
- Rachel Dolezal Wasn’t The First: Six More Whites Who Passed For Black
- Republican Rips Into Paris Dennard, “Just Say It, ‘I Love Donald Trump Screwing A Porn Star!'”
- Get Up Poll: Callers Talk About Their Favorite Apps [EXCLUSIVE]
- Colin Kaepernick All Smiles As He Heads To Court
- Tasha Page-Lockhart Talks Prayer Breakfast & Being A Preachers Kid