Christian Rapper Big Redd hails from South Carolina, and has opened up for artists like Travis Greene and Kierra Sheard. He spoke with Erica Campbell and GRIFF about his song, “Running Back To You,” which he says he started writing two years ago. He recalled immediately wanting Fred Hammond to be on it, and talking to God about what to say in the song.
He talks about his intent to change generations by making gospel relatable to them, especially in a culture today where everything comes at you so fast.He shares his desire to be honest about all the different places you can be in your relationship with God. Big Redd also details how he eventually got Fred Hammond’s attention. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Saheed Vassell’s Father Fights For Charges After Son’s Police Shooting
- Ben Jealous’ HBCUs Plan Highlights Maryland’s Complicated Relationship With Black Colleges
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month At The Sound of Praise! [Audio]
- Sounds About White! Caucasian Shoots Police Officer And Isn’t Even Charged
- This Struggle Is Real: Calling Police On Black Children Harms Mental Health
- Botham Jean’s Mother On The Trump Administration: ‘Some People Just Don’t Care About Lives’
- These Cops Got Less Time For Racist Arrests Than Jailed Black People Held For Less
- Suspected White Supremacist Who Killed 18-Year-Old Nia Wilson Indicted By Grand Jury
- Tom Joyner, Eleanor Holmes Norton & More To Be Celebrated At Urban One Honors!
- Kirk Franklin’s Biological Father Passes Away [EXCLUSIVE]
Big Redd Shares How He Finally Got Fred Hammond’s Attention [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com