Notable People We’ve Lost In 2016 So Far
1. Nate ThurmondSource: 1 of 26
2. Patt SmithSource: 2 of 26
3. Bernie WorrellSource: 3 of 26
4. Christina GrimmieSource: 4 of 26
5. Sean RooksSource: 5 of 26
6. Kimbo SliceSource: 6 of 26
7. Muhammad AliSource: 7 of 26
8. Bryce Dejean-JonesSource: 8 of 26
9. Afeni ShakurSource: 9 of 26
10. Billy PaulSource: 10 of 26
11. PrinceSource: 11 of 26
12. ChynaSource: 12 of 26
13. Dwayne WashingtonSource: 13 of 26
14. Doris RobertsSource: 14 of 26
15. Doug BanksSource: 15 of 26
16. Will SmithSource: 16 of 26
17. Tray WalkerSource: 17 of 26
18. Toronto Mayor Rob FordSource: 18 of 26
19. Phife Dawg aka Malik TaylorSource: 19 of 26
20. Nancy ReaganSource: 20 of 26
21. Maurice WhiteSource: 21 of 26
22. Denise ‘Vanity” MatthewsSource: 22 of 26
23. Renee AngelilSource: 23 of 26
24. David BowieSource: 24 of 26
25. Natalie ColeSource: 25 of 26
26. Big AngSource: 26 of 26
Sad news to report as Willie Joe Ligon, Founder of The Mighty Clouds of Joy has passed. Below is a statement from Ligon’s official Facebook Page.
We are heartbroken to share the news that the World’s Greatest Male Gospel Singer – Willie Joe Ligon, Founder and Lead Singer of the three time Grammy Award winning group – The Mighty Clouds of Joy of Los Angeles, California passed away today Sunday, December 11, 2016.
Joe was a loving Husband, Father, Grandfather, Brother, Cousin, Uncle, Mentor, and Friend to so many who loved him dearly.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!</b>
As much as Joe cherished his privacy, he always appreciated the expressions of good will from people around the world and from all walks of life.
While we mourn the loss of a very good and humble man, we also celebrate his remarkable life as one of the most successful Artist in Gospel Music History and hope that it serves as an example to young people around the world to work hard to make their dreams come true, to be willing to explore and push the limits, and to selflessly serve a cause greater than themselves.
For those who may ask what they can do to honor Joe, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a stormy day think of Joe and get comfort in knowing that he is no longer in the storm.
Additional information about the final arrangements will be released to the general public pending Mr. Ligon’s family’s approval.
We kindly ask everyone to please respect the Family’s privacy during this time of bereavement.
Best regards, Pastor Isaac Lindsey, Manager
Willie Joe Ligon of The Mighty Clouds of Joy Passes Away was originally published on praisedc.hellobeautiful.com