“One day we will realize, its ok to be ourselves, I can be the greatest at being someone else, but I’d rather be me, because I love myself”, The best person, I can be is me” .
Born and raised in Chicago, IL, Corey’s journey is no cliché but real life creatively expressed through his music. As a vocalist and songwriter, he’s had his share of God ordained connections, from collaborating with Dove Award nominee Jonathan McReynolds, to sharing the stage with the Ö-vik Big Band in Sweden and receiving love in Sister 2 Sister Magazine for his lead vocal contribution on Mark Hubbard and the Voices’ single “For My Good”.
Corey Barksdale has also made several National Television appearances on the Word Network, TBN and the TCT Network.Tagged as a soulful, dynamic and anointed vocalist, Corey’s desire is for listeners to gain a stronger faith in God, through submission, worship, praise and self-love.
Grateful is just a small word to describe Corey’s feelings and recently, while out on the road, he was asked to expound on his music, songwriting and background during an interview with Bob Marovich of the Black Gospel Blog.
During the interview, Corey shared the first song he wrote and what inspired him: “The first song I wrote was called, “Best Praise”, the heart of the song is, God you’re worthy, in spite of me being unworthy, I can’t give you what you deserve but I at least I can give you my best”.
- Fred Hammond: ‘Simple To You But Hard For Me!’ [VIDEO]
- Mary Mary’s Tina And Erica Season 3 Dish On Sex, Infidelity And Death [VIDEO]
2014 Stellar Awards Male Nominees
1. 2014 Traditional Male Vocalist Nominee1 of 8
2. 2014 Contemporary Male Vocalist of The Year Nominee2 of 8
3. 2014 Contemporary Male Vocalist of The Year Nominee3 of 8
4. 2014 Contemporary Male Vocalist of The Year Nominee4 of 8
5. 2014 Male Vocalist of The Year Nominee5 of 8
6. 2014 Traditional Male Vocalist Nominee6 of 8
7. 2014 Traditional Male Vocalist Nominee7 of 8
8. 2014 Contemporary Male Vocalist of The Year Nominee8 of 8
Meet Gospel’s Next Traveling Man: Corey Barksdale [VIDEO] was originally published on elev8.com